Thursday, December 02, 2004

so this one time...

So this one time I was eating a bag of sour patch kids. They were good. I was enjoying myself, then i looked and saw a big purple one caked in the sour sugar. I was amazed. It was so big. No patch kid shaped mold could contain it. Without a second though, I threw the mass into my mouth anitcipating the giant grape goodness.

That's when something dawned on me, something very important that I failed to realize before. What I saw as purple was in fact, underneath all of that deceivingly delicious sour powder, probably more like a shade of brown. The brown of burnt gelitan, because, you see, there are no grape sour patch kids. What I had so eagerly thrown into my mouth was actually some kind of mutant reject overcooked mass of burnt sugar. It tasted awful and made me cry.
So remember, there is no such thing as a purple sour patch kid.

1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger KimberlyC said...

Dan-
I met you in Albuquerque. You are halarious.
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home